Below are some topics Peter has addressed recently. Other topics and formats can be arranged.
• Jesus and Muhammad: A Comparison
similarities and dissimilarities using quotes from the Qur’an and the Gospels
• The Qur’an and the Bible
comparisons with respect to claims made about them, their content, their formation
• Evangelism to Skeptics
a guide to talking about the gospel with skeptics
• Belief in ‘Somethingism’
how to help those who believe in “something,” but don’t like organized religion
• Speaking of Jesus
tips on talking to friends about the gospel without being pushy
• Design in the Universe
the apparent fine tuning of natural law and a response to the “multiverse” argument against it
• Science and Christianity: Worldviews in Conflict?
the common assumption that the success of science gives strong support for naturalism [the view that the physical world is all that exists]
• The Big Bang, the Origin of the Universe, and God
cosmological speculations and biblical faith
• Why Does God Allow So Much Evil and Suffering?
a different approach to the problem — see Veritas Forum Lecture
five misconceptions about doubt that make dealing with it more difficult than it needs to be
• Homosexuality: A Christian Perspective
a look both at research results and how we should respond as Christians
• ‘What the … Hell?’
what the Bible teaches and wrestling with the hard questions surrounding the topic
• ‘Love Wins’: A Summary and Evaluation of Rob Bell’s Book
• Evidence for the Resurrection
the case for resurrection of Jesus
• ‘But Dead Men Don’t Rise’
Can one reasonably believe what is physically impossible?
• The Cost of Discipleship: Is It Worth It?
If I seriously seek to obey Jesus, what will that mean? Is it worth it?
• The Strong Promises of Prayer
What is promised and what role does faith play?
• Slavery in the Bible
Does the Bible condone slavery?
• Free Will
Does free will make sense either from what science tells or from the Bible?
• Does Ethics Need a Foundation in God?
What a naturalist perspective can and cannot provide, and why it matters
• The Reliability of Scripture
Is the Bible historically reliable, and why does it matter?